In 1923 Alfredo Prunotto, a famous wine-making expert, took over the “Vini delle Langhe” social canteen which had many economic problems and it has been founded in 1904 in the city of Alba. Because of the passion of Alfredo and his wife, Prunotto’s holding quickly became famous exporting wines all over the world. In 1956, they gave their firm to Beppe Colla and Carlo Filiberti firstly, and then also to Tino Colla. They managed the business having respect for the values transmitted by Alfredo Prunotto. In 1989, the Antinori holding took over the company controlling and managing the distribution and in 1995 controlling also the production. It preserved the high quality of the wines created by Alfredo Prunotto.