The cave is situated in the small village of Niclara, in the province of Bolzano, a place where the viticulture has always had a great importance for the economic development. Since 1675 the cave belongs to the Aichner family, but the commercial job began only in 1848: in that period of time a part of grapes was used for wines’ production, while the other was sold to some customers. In 1968 Hilde and Herbert joined the winery, by transforming the production’s procedures and above all the wines began to be bottled. Since 1983 their son Christof, together with his wife, manages the cave with passion and effort, pursuing the quality. Recently the cave has been rewarded for its wines’ quality.